Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sarah Silverman and the Toyota Death Trap Recall

When I first saw the movie Speed, I never imagined that it would play out in real life. I'm speaking, of course, of the massive number of Toyota's that are being recalled due to sticking gas pedals. There have been reports of some automobiles reaching speeds of 130 mph before being stopped only through collision. I can't tell if I'm watching CNN or a Jason Statham movie. As Toyota releases recalls and apologies, I have only one logical question: where the hell is Dennis Hopper?

Another unstoppable force is comedian Sarah Silverman. Season 3 of the Sarah Silverman Program airs tonight. Some people might be put off by her confrontational comedy, but it's satire. It's supposed to make you think a little. She's like a female version of Larry the Cable Guy. Only cuter. And more Jewisher. Oh, and her comedy act is totally different from his. So I guess she's not like him at all. But she is like these new Toyota death traps. She's shiny and fast.

7 comments:

Peter Varvel said...

Her third season is going to be shown on the Logo network out here on the west coast, the GAY channel.
Do they even have a gay channel or allow it out where y'all live?

Michael DeAntonio said...

We don't have LOGO or Nat Geo. I think we might upgrade our plan so we can get those channels. That and the DIY channel.

Cheryl said...

It all makes sense now: You are the Sarah Silverman of the blogosphere.

Cheryl said...

But less Jewisher?

Michael DeAntonio said...

I should use that as my tagline- "I'm the Sarah Silverman of the blogospher, but less Jewisher"

Prince Gomolvilas said...

Yeah, but I don't want to butt-sex Sarah Silverman.

Michael DeAntonio said...

There's that blatantly aggressive sexual harassment I miss so much.